Got a specific question? Then check out our most Frequently Asked Questions.
It will probably be that you have an older device that is not compatible. The App is designed for Android phones and tablets, the iPhone and the iPad. It will not work on Windows phones or Blackberry. There are also minimum versions of the operating system that are required for the App and these are as follows…
- Android Version 4.0 and above
- iOS Version 7.0
Simply go to the relevant store and type in Mobile Adventures Team Treasure Hunt to find the App.
Check out our recommended devices list here...
In this situation, check the following:
1. Data needs to be switched on. You will need a data connection either through a SIM card or Wifi to load the game.
2. Connection. If you do have a data connection, check that the signal strength is good. In areas where the signal is weak, the game may not load first time, or might take a while to load.
3. Google Maps. On Android phones, the App requires an up-to-date version of Google Maps so ensure that the latest version installed. Also make sure that you have agreed to the terms and conditions when opening Google maps. Once you have updated Google Maps once, you do not need to continually update Google Maps – it just needs to be a minimum level for the app to work.
4. Try inputting the Game Code instead of scanning the QR Code. This can also be found on your game confirmation correspondence.
5. We might be undertaking maintenance on the system or the game. Wait 5-10 minutes and try again.
7. If all of the above fails, there might be another problem with the player’s phone and therefore we would recommend you try this on another phone. If you continue to experience problems, please do contact us.
When you download the app, make sure to turn on Location Services which you can find in the setting tab on your device.
The standard game already includes a really good selection of questions and challenges for you to complete. If you choose to add additional customized questions then these will be added to your game in addition to the standard content that the game includes.
Standard games generally contain approx 30-40 questions/photos to complete and your customized questions/challenges will be added to the game when it is published.
Both are great fun! Our City Explorer game provides you with an interactive way to explore a location whereby our Pub Explorer provides you with a fun interactive pub style quiz with up to three pub challenges that you can complete at your leisure.
City Explorer - click here for more details
Pub Explorer - click here for more details
This will vary but the App will generally use between 5-10 MB to load your game depending on your chosen location. You can upload the game using wifi as well. During play, your device will use about 25MB of data during the normal course of play. You do need to have a data plan.
You will need a fully charged phone or iPad/tablet to use this app. We recommend charging your phone fully before you go out to play. Reduce the screen brightness to save on power too. If your battery is getting low then you can swap your team to another device by using the rejoin game pin - watch the support video for further details on this feature.
That varies depending on how effective your team is as teams plan their own route! As a guide, an average event will see teams walking about 1 - 2 miles.
Again, this varies from team to team as some people enjoy a gentle walk when others enjoy running around! It's up to you but we would recommend that you plan your game to run for one and a half to two hours max.
You can start and finish anywhere in the game area. Your game confirmation information will include a map showing the area of your game and most teams simply find a coffee shop or bar to meet and start/finish their game.
We would recommend that you schedule your game for approx 1.5-2 hours. Simply give your teams a time to meet back at the agreed finish venue to end your game. If you want to, you can give late teams a points penalty to ensure that they are all back on time!
No - the game can be completed in any order and teams make their own decision about which 'hot spots' to visit and in which order they complete the tasks.